CURRENT ON-AIR RESUME REEL:
twitter: @wxbrad | facebook: Brad Panovich Meteorologist
Seasoned professional and network TV personality achieving the highest levels of advancement within the meteorology profession. Extensive use of social media with over 33,000 Twitter followers, 47,700 Facebook followers, and 3000 YouTube subscribers. Active blogger on all things weather related via self-created and self-managed blog that sees 800,000 unique visitors annually. Key areas of expertise include:
- Advanced Meteorology
- Operational forecasting
- Insurance Consulting
- Forensic meteorology
- Consulting meteorology
- Social Media
- Public Speaking
- Mentoring and Training
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Community Service
- Project Management
WCNC-NBC Charlotte, NC
Chief Meteorologist 6/08-present
- Anchor 4pm, 5pm, 5:30pm, 6pm and 11pm weathercasts Monday through Friday. Develop forecast for WCNC.com, Clear Channel Charlotte radio stations, and 24-hour digital cable weather channel.
- Managed weather department staff of 4 Meteorologists
- Perform severe weather cut-ins as well as cut-ins for other major events.
- Manage all weather related functions and procedures including supervising the morning and weekend meteorologists.
- Duties include creating all graphics, analyzing and forecasting daily weather, updating information, pictures, and videos to our website, and community service such as weather presentations to schools and businesses.
Weekday Meteorologist 10/05-6/08
- Anchored 4pm and 5pm weathercasts Monday through Friday. Develop forecast for WCNC.com, Clear Channel Charlotte radio stations, and 24-hour digital cable weather channel.
- Provide forecast for Charlotte Observer Newspaper weather page.
Weekend Meteorologist 1/03-10/05
- Anchored 7am, 8am, 9am, 6pm and 11pm weathercasts Saturday and Sundays. Develop forecast for WCNC.com, Clear Channel Charlotte radio stations, and 24-hour digital cable weather channel.
SkiNC.com/skisoutheast.com Banner Elk, NC
- Write forecast discussions and post daily forecast for ski resorts in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic.
WWL-CBS 4 (DMA 41) New Orleans, LA
Weekend Meteorologist 8/99 – 12/02
- Anchored 12pm, 5pm, 6pm, and 10pm weathercasts Saturdays and Sundays. Performed numerous live shots and performed weather reporting when not filling in for other meteorologist. Helped continued success of Americas highest rated local news operation.
- WWL-870 AM radio staff Meteorologist. Provided on-air weather forecast for dominate news, talk and sports radio station in New Orleans, LA.
WFQX-FOX 33 (DMA 117) Traverse City, MI
Chief Meteorologist 8/98-8/99
- Anchored 10pm weathercasts Sunday through Friday. Built and developed entire weather department from the ground up for FOX start-up. Including weather center design, graphics, promotions and hiring weather team and formulated weather coverage.
- Chief Meteorologist for WYBR-102.3 FM radio. Provided daily weather forecasts for morning show.
WKEF-NBC 22 (DMA 55) Dayton, OH
Morning Meteorologist 9/97-8/98
- Anchored half-hour morning show weathercasts and weather cut-ins for the Today show Monday through Friday. Served as weather reporter during severe weather when not filling in for other Meteorologists.
THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY Columbus, OH
Bachelor of Science Degree in Atmospheric Studies March 1997
- Minor in Communication
- Captain of soccer team, Meteorology Club, Head of Soccer intramural department, forecaster for school newspaper
LOYOLA UNIVERSITY New Orleans, LA
Fellow of the Institute of Environmental Communications December 2001
- Granted a special invitation to the institute on environmental issues. Studied how those issues are communicated in the public domain.
- Weather Central, WSI TruVu Max, Map Mapmaker & Show FX,
- Barons services C-Band Doppler Radar, FastTrac/NexTrac, VIPIR, Millennium, and Storm Warn
- AWS neighborhood weathernet
- GREarth, GRAnalyst and GRlevel 3
- Unix, Windows XP, WXP, Internet, Lexis-Nexis, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop and Avid News
- All National Weather Service data including forecast models, SKEW-T, Hodographs, ASOS, Metar, Difax charts, and Nexrad functions and algorithms
- App and Computer expertise and devlopment
- Photography and videography and video editing
- American Meteorological Society Seal of Approval Holder
- National Weather Association Member
- Certificate of Training in Hydro-Meteorology from the National Weather Service
- Les Lemons Doppler Radar training certificate
- Baron Services Doppler Radar training conference
- American Meteorological Society since 1996
- National Weather Association since 1995
INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
- NWA Severe storms and Doppler radar conference 97,98,99
- National Hurricane Conference 2000
- National Weather Association Annual Meeting 2001-2014
- Founder of The Annual Ohio Severe Weather Symposium
- 429 school and civic appearances to date