Not many will forget Hurricane Sandy as it impacted the entire state of North Carolina as well as devastating parts of the Northeast. From the Outer Banks into the mountains the impact were large. Here’s a look back at the impacts and highest impacts in the state.
- Highest snowfall 36” New Found Gap in the Smoky Mountains
- It snowed fro 65 straight house on Poga Mountain in Wataguag County.
- Highest Wind Gusts 105 mph at the Mile High Swinging Bridge on Grandfather Mountain.
- Highest Storm Surge: 8.5’ at Buxton on the Outer banks
- High Rainfall: 8.2” at Avon, NC